New Zealand 1 Year Working Holiday Visa from Ireland, New Zealand 1 Year Working Holiday Visas Application

New Zealand Visa

We are not currently taking applications for New Zealand,
please call 01 4350000 for visa enquiries.

1 Year Working Holiday Visa, FREE Visa & Tax number Assistance only


1 Year Work & Travel Insurance For Only

Book Now
IRD Tax Number Assistance

You will need an IRD tax number in order to pay the correct tax rate when you start work in New Zealand. Go4less can provide you with an assistance pack to help you apply once you arrive.

1 Year Work & Travel Insurance

It is mandatory for all working holiday visa holders to hold adequate travel insurance for their stay. Our work and travel insurance policy gives you immediate access to a 24-Hour Emergency Helpline, offering you worldwide support.
You can rely on us to be there with assistance and advice whenever you need it. Our policy includes over 60 sports activies for free! Further cover available on request.
WARNING! Don't travel without Travel Insurance. Our Work & Travel Policy offers you the highest standard of cover including hospitalisation and repatriation.

Jobs in New Zealand

Positions available in New Zealand for Carpenters, electricians, plumbers, bricklayers, plasterers, labourers. Contact us on with your CV and cover letter.

Go4Less has been operating work & travel programmes for over 10 years. Go4Less is not affiliated with the New Zealand Government. Go4Less provide free visa assistance to our customers. Our programme price includes the New Zealand application fee. New Zealand visas are available from the New Zealand Government at a lower cost when you apply directly. Please contact the New Zealand Goverment for further information.


Am I eligible to apply for a 1 year Working Holiday Visa to New Zealand?
You must:
  • Be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of the application.
  • Hold an Irish or UK passport that is valid for minimum 18 months from date of travel to New Zealand.
  • You must not accompanied by any dependent children.
  • You have not previously entered New Zealand on a Working Holiday visa (on a passport of any country).
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Have sufficient funds to support yourself on arrival in New Zealand - Equivalent of $4200 NZD
  • If you are a UK passport holder you must be currently residing in the UK or not have resided away from the UK for more than 2 years directly before your application.

Jobs in New Zealand

Hundreds of positions available in the construction industry:

  • Carpenters
  • Electricians
  • Plumbers
  • Bricklayers
  • Plasterers
  • Labourers

If you are under 31, are eligible for the working holiday visa and would like to work in Christchurch, New Zealand please contact us: Email: today for more information on how to get interviewed for these positions! Please include your CV and cover letter if you would like to apply."


Q. What does the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa permit?

A Working Holiday Visa allows the visa holder to:

  • Enter New Zealand within 12 months of the date the visa is granted.
  • Work in New Zealand for up to 12 months.*
  • Leave and re-enter New Zealand any number of times while the visa is valid.

*UK passport holders may stay for up to 23 months if they complete a medical as part of the visa process. In this case you may only work for 12 months of the 24 month stay.

Q. What type of work can I do?

With the Working Holiday visa you are permitted to take up any kind of temporary or casual work. The main purpose of the visa is to holiday and travel in New Zealand, any work should be to supplement your holiday funds.

Q. Can I stay longer than 1 year?

Irish passport holders can stay on a working holiday visa for a maximum of 1 year. If you wish to stay longer you will need to apply for a suitable visa before your working holiday visa expires.
UK passport holders may stay for up to 23 months if they complete a medical as part of the visa process. In this case you may only work for 12 months of the 23 month stay.

Q. What happens if I get a new passport after I apply for the Visa?

Your working holiday visa application is linked to the passport number provided in your application. If you change any details after you lodge your application, including your passport details then you must notify Go4less immediately. It may take up to two weeks to update this change with immigration.

Q. How much money do I need to have in order to enter New Zealand?

You must be able to show proof of funds of NZ $4200 with you at the time of entry to New Zealand.

Q: What steps are involved in the application process?

Choose which package you would like online. Go4less will send you an application form by email. Fill this out and return to Go4less as soon as possible. Go4less will then process your visa. You will receive an email confirmation once your visa has been approved. You will then have 12 months to enter New Zealand and begin your working holiday.

Q. Do I have to buy travel insurance with my visa?

Immigration request that all working holiday visa holders have adequate travel insurance for their stay. Go4less offer a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy covering hospitalisation, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and much more! Get a quote online Click Here

Q. How long will my New Zealand visa take to process?

A. On average it takes about a week to process as soon as we receive your application. In a small number of cases the New Zealand Immigration Authorities may request further verification of personal details before granting a visa, thus delaying the processing time. In such cases we will notify you of any further requirements for your New Zealand Visa application as soon as we can. If you need to submit a Medical Certificate this may also delay your application

Q.What nationalities are eligible to apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?

A.If you hold an Irish or UK passport then you can apply for a NZ Working Holiday Visa with Go4Less.

Q.How long is the visa valid for?

Irish passport holders visas will be valid for 12-months.
United Kingdom passport holders will be valid able to choose between a 12-month and a 23-month Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand. If you are from the UK and would like to apply for a 23-month visa for New Zealand, a chest x-ray and medical examination may be required as part of your visa application. In such cases your application will take about 4 weeks to process from the date that your results are forwarded for assessment. Once we receive your application we will contact you with respect to the above. Should the Immigration Authorities impose additional health requirements, additional processing fees may apply.

Q. Can you apply for a new New Zealand Working Holiday Visa from within New Zealand?

Yes, you can apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa from within New Zealand. Please note that if you lodge your visa application while in New Zealand, you must provide a New Zealand postal address on this application form. In such cases a chest x-ray and medical examination may be required, and your visa application will take longer to process (average about 4 weeks) from the date that your results are forwarded for assessment.

Q.When do I need to enter New Zealand?

Once your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa is granted, you will have 12 months from the date of issue to arrive in New Zealand.

Q. Is there a deadline to apply?

There is no official deadline for applications for this New Zealand Visa. However, there is a limit on the number of visas issued each year per country so it is a good idea to apply for your visa as soon as possible to ensure you don't miss out. You must also apply before you turn 31 years of age.

Q. Can I leave New Zealand and travel else-where while on my New Zealand Visa?

The working holiday visa for New Zealand is a multiple-entry visa, which means you can leave and re-enter New Zealand as much as you like while your visa is valid. You can leave and re-enter New Zealand within the 12 months from the date of initial entry to New Zealand on your visa for holiday and working. However, if you depart New Zealand during your 12 month stay, you are not able to recover in any way the period of time spent outside New Zealand.

Q. Do I need a pre-arranged Job before I can apply for a New Zealand Visa?

No, you do not need an offer of employment to apply for a working holiday visa.

Q. How many time can I go on the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?

You can only get a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa once.

Q. Is it easy to travel around New Zealand?

The best thing about New Zealand is that there are loads of great ways to get around. Buying/Renting a car or a campervan is a very popular option for travellers to New Zealand. Another good transport option is to get a hop on hop off bus pass which allows you to travel around New Zealand but jump off when you see somewhere you like.

Q. Are there hostels in New Zealand?

Hostels are the main accommodation that travellers stay in when in New Zealand and they offer both long term and short term accommodation. You can choose to have your own room or share with others. It is a great way of meeing fellow travellers.

Q. What is the pay like in New Zealand?

For office work expect around $14-20 in the cities. The current minimum wage in New Zealand is $14.25 an hour

Q. What is the drinking age in New Zealand?

The drinking age in New Zealand is 18.

Q. Can I apply for my New Zealand Working Holiday Visa outside of Ireland?

If you hold an Irish passport you can apply from outside your home country.

Q. Can I study while in New Zealand?

Working Holiday visa makers are permitted to study or train for up to 3 months.

Q. Do I need a return ticket for New Zealand?

Yes, or at least evidence that you have sufficient funds for a return fare.

Q. Do I need to send away my passport to get my New Zealand Visa?

No, the visa is an e-visa which will be electronically linked to your passport details.

Q. Can I apply if I have a criminal record?

Yes, however there will be additional documents required and there will be a delay. All cases are assessed individually and depending on the nature of the offence it may be cause for a refusal.

Q. Can I apply for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa if I have a child?

Yes, you can but you cannot bring your child with you to New Zealand.

Q.Does the 12 months take affect when you receive the visa or when you actually arrive in New Zealand?

The visa starts running from the date you enter New Zealand.

Q. What documents do I need to bring with me to New Zealand?

When you arrive in New Zealand you need to have your original passport, your visa confirmation letter and a bank statement, confirming that you have enough funds to support yourself. The required minimum of funds is NZ$ 4200 but if you don't have a return ticket to leave New Zealand you will need to have enough funds on the top of this to be able to purchase one when you're due to leave.

How to Book

Register now for your New Zealand 1 Year Working Holiday Visa!

Please only register using your own email address. Please do not register more than once using the same email address.