Contact us

The safest way to book
A fully protected and bonded Irish Travel Agent
with over 10 Years Experience

Book Now,
Pay Later!

Need a
flight quote?

Go4less have airfares negotiated
with all the major airlines.
We would be happy to quote you
for your itinerary.
Please email
with your dates and destination.
We can hold flights against a deposit
up to 8 weeks before travel!

Australia 2nd Year Working Holiday Visa

Contact us today on 01 435 0000 for more information or to book your 2nd year Australia working holiday visa.

1 year travel insurance only €149! Book online here

Insurance is only available if you are currently in Ireland and have been for the past six months prior to the date of purchase. If you are in Australia on your first working holiday and have a current policy with Go4less please contact us on 01 435 0000 to extend your policy for your second year.

Our Backpacker travel insurance policy gives you immediate access to a 24-Hour Emergency Helpline, offering you worldwide support. You can rely on us to be there with assistance and advice whenever you need it. Our policy includes over 60 sports activities for free!


  • Be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of the application.
  • Your visa must be granted before you turn 31.
  • Have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday (417) visa (there is no requirement to do further specified work on the second visa) and show proof of this
  • Hold a valid passport - you can only apply for this visa if you hold a Passport from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or United Kingdom
  • You cannot apply for this visa if you have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (462) visa. The (462) visa is only available for applicants from the US
  • If currently in Australia then you should apply for your second Working Holiday visa before your current visa ceases
  • Be applying no more than 12 months before you intend to travel to Australia, if applying from outside Australia
  • Will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
  • Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who: is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship has not turned 18

  • Meet health and character requirements.

Please note this visa can take up to one month to process

Working in Australia

Working in Australia is a great way to get to know the locals and experience the famous Australian lifestyle.

Check out our guide below to help you get started!

Where to Start

In many cases, especially in retail and hospitality, you'll find that simply walking into a place you want to work and asking for a job is the best option. Hostels also offer good local information on jobs and can sometimes arrange work for travellers. Ask at reception or check their notice boards. Some hostels offer free accommodation if you work a few hours for them cleaning the hostel

Many people start their job searches at places like Travellers Contact Point (TCP) which has branches in Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Carins. Travellers Contact Point (TCP) is a very handy one-stop shop for new arrivals and they can offer good advice. They also have a "Travellers At Work" service which has new jobs posted daily. They can also help you with barista courses or Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificates which you will need if you want to work in a bar. The availability of short-term work depends on the number of jobseekers in the market. Usually the best time to find work in Sydney is from April to September. The Christmas/New Year period can be a tough time to find work as the decision-makers in many businesses are on holidays.

Recruitment Agencies

There are lots of employment agencies looking for experienced staff, you just need to know where to look.

Remember when going to Australia to bring a good suit or some smart clothes and always keep an updated copy of your CV saved onto your e-mail.

It is a good idea to register with some specialist recruitment agencies who will help you find work in your chosen field. The more agencies you join the more interviews you will get. Many backpackers with office experience look for temping work as receptionists, admin support, data entry and telesales representatives. This kind of work is handy for those looking for short-term roles. You should arrive at an agency well-presented and have an up-to-date CV (Resume) available in a recent version of Microsoft Word or as a PDF file. You may also be asked to do tests in Microsoft office

Below are a list of website to help you start your Job search:

Jobs in all areas

IT Jobs

Hospitality Jobs

Harvest Jobs

The months of October to April are the prime time for harvest jobs but there is seasonal work all year round. The work is hard but remember anyone who does three months of seasonal work (eg. fruit picking) will be eligible to apply for a Second Working Holiday Visa. Most hostels in fruit picking areas can arrange work and often offer special accommodation and transport for harvest workers. For more information contact the National Harvest Labour Information Service, also see or


WWOOF (Willing Workers on Organic Farms) can help you find work across OZ . For more info see

Or if you want to help the environment check out Conservation Volunteers Australia

Nursing and Medical

Australia has a shortage of qualified nurses. Hospitals regularly hire casual staff through nursing agencies. There's also a demand for doctors, and other medical professionals such as physiotherapists, especially if you are willing to work in rural areas.

24/7 Nursing -

Access Nursing Agency -

Australian Nursing Agency (Swing Shift Nurse) -

Australian Nursing Network -

MediCall Placements -

Regional Nursing Solutions -

Q. What does the Working Holiday Visa permit

A Working Holiday Visa allows the visa holder to:

  • Enter Australia within 12 months of the date of visa grant
  • Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
  • Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • Work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
  • Study for up to 4 months

Q. What are the conditions of Work

With the Working Holiday visa you are permitted to take up any kind of temporary or casual work. The main purpose of the visa is to holiday and travel in Australia so you are not permitted to work for longer than 6 months for any one employer.

Q. Can I travel into and out of Australia on my Working Holiday visa?

Yes you can. However if you depart Australia during your 12 month stay, you are not able to "top up" or recover, in any way, the period of time spent outside Australia.

Q. What happens if I get a new passport after I apply for the Visa?

Your working holiday visa application is linked to the passport number provided in your application. If you change any details after you lodge your application, including your passport details then you must notify Go4less immediately

Q. How much money do I need to have in order to enter Australia?

You must have AUD 5000 with you at the time of entry to Australia.

Q: What happens after my visa is approved?

You will receive an email confirming your visa has been approved.. You will then have 12 months to enter Australia.

Q. How can I discuss different visa options

If you would like to discuss further the different visa options then please feel free to contact us on 01 435 0000 or email You can also call into our office at 30 Lower Abbey St, Dublin 1. Our office is opened Monday to Friday 0930 to 1730

Contact us today on 01 435 0000 to book your 2nd year Australia working holiday visa.

International Air Transport Association Irish Travel Agents Association
ClubTravel | Go4Less | | Budget Travel | Destinations Worldwide Holidays | | Australian Holidays | 1800Hotels | Caribbean Collection | HRG | EasyFare | TravelCare | Go South America | Escape2 | Eurasia | J1 Visa | Clubtravel-HRG Corporate | ESTA-USA | ETAVisa-Australia | Tours4schools